Learning points/take aways from the book Soul inc by Moid Siddiqui, Management Guru and author
- In order to create your destiny you need to develop a business character
- Every living organization, unlike a dead organization, will witness the daybreak, sooner or later
- All that we are is the result of all that we have thought.Pure thoughts lead to pure life- the ultimate source of happiness
- As a corporate, look within-Internal clarity provides the external solution
- You can't fake a corporate soul;either you have it or you better create one.
- Corporates need to change its priorities and reward different strengths
- Business has become the most powerful institution on the planet. The dominant institution in any society needs to take responsibility for the whole
- Flesh trading and body shopping (done by corporates) are both equally sinful
- There is a need to shift from individual perspective to universal perspective - Serve a purpose and work long for it, as against quick results and quick gains
- What can I get Vs How can I give
- Success and money Vs people are significant
- Pleasing bosses Vs working to soothe the soul
- Fear in managing business Vs Managing business with love
- Leader is being first Vs Leader is being last
- Surrender means deafeat Vs Victory is letting go/ surrender
- Short term gains Vs Long term legacy
- Managing by joining body and mind Vs Managing by joining mind, heart and soul
- Managing externally hardware Vs Managing internally heartware .
It is necessary to develop our emotional and spiritual sides for pursit of physical performance, to be meaningful.
Practice authentic living: Identify your personal core values and beliefs and commit to working and living according to them. Let your personal goals and career goals allign to the values and belief.
Identify the gap between who you are now and the person you know you could be.Write a list of words that describe the qualities of the person you know you can be. Now spend time reflecting on the extent to which your present self is close to the desired person.
Then choose one word from the list that you want to begin working on.( Eg. You want to become more open). Use personal goal setting techniques and resolve to work on this everyday. Set small goals and work on one trait at a time. Gradually this change and growth will become second nature.
"If I hold a possibility or a future of the way I want the world to be; then I bring that into the room with me, everytime I show up. I don't have to work on it. It works on me..."